Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think it's likely that some people would get impatient enough to self...

...fulfill the Bible's prophecies? The Bible talks about a tribulation period of seven years where the anti christ emerges from Europe and eventually wages a third world war in the battle of Armageddon that destroys the planet. So, since we already know what's 'supposed' to happen, could various people subconsciously trigger the necessary events and make it happen even without a divine element in place?

Downloads
    Uploads
    GW Bush already tried.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they do trigger it then isn't it possible that is how it was supposed to happen?

Downloads
    Uploads
    First, I have to stress that I don't believe any of that. I'm just taking on a different perspective to answer this question.

I don't think it's possible to "self-fulfill" that complex a prediction. There is too much specificity and elements that are going to be out of the hands of an individual or even a group of people. For example, ensuring that the tribulation period lasts exactly seven years (no more, no less). A cursory examination of social forces and the history of the world would demonstrate that it is entirely too complex for anyone to control. I also thought that a core element of this particular "prophecy" was the salvation/rescue of faithful people in the form of a rapture. How could anyone self-fulfill that?

People could certainly agitate, start a war, and destroy the planet. But they couldn't cause a rapture.