Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think I will get any future contact from my ex?

My ex and I have been seperated for a little over 4 months now. We went out for 3 years and had a great relationship. We lived together most of the relationship and liked each other for years before going out. At first I would email her every few days to try to get communication and I would get no response at all. After about a month and a half, she came to my graduation only to disappear again. I made the mistake of sending her flowers at work and emailing her a couple of times saying that I had made some changes (I was sincere, by the way). After no response, I just left it alone for a couple of months and I ran into her. She went up to me crying and hugging me without wanting to let go. She said she missed me a couple of times and I didn't bring up anything about the relationship. Every time I would make her laugh, she would cry right away. After talking to her for a bit, a guy came up. She was only really paying attention to me. He had to pull her aside to talk to her for obvious reasons so I said bye to her and took off. It was obvious he was just a rebound and they had just started dating.

The next morning I got a text saying "i miss you!." later in the day i texted back saying "I miss you too. I wish we could talk, but it looks like you found a new guy and I don't want to get in the way. I wish you the best." 3 days later, I decided to give her a call and I said I would like to talk to her when I got her voice mail. The next morning, I sent a text saying I feel that we need to communicate and be honest with each other if things are ever going to work out between us. I said to call me that night. She texted back saying that that night was not the best and she could come over tomorrow. I replied saying I would call her tomorrow. I let my emotions get the best of me and called her later on and she didn't pick up so I emailed her and said that we needed to talk that night and to call me. She never called, so the next day I called her and left a message asking to get coffee. I waited a few hours and then left another message saying "I thought we were going to meet up. Give me a call if you want to get coffee. Otherwise, I'll assume you don't want to talk" That was 4 days ago and I've heard nothing. I didn't contact her anymore and probably won't. Did I completely blow it by wanting to talk a day earlier than the day she said was best for her? Also, if you think she would contact me at all, would it be in a timely manner or way down the road? Either way, I know I have to move on. I'm just wondering if I should give up all hope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, thanks for that detailed entry you posted. it helps a lot more when people go into detail like you did. Well I know what you are talking about and possibly feeling as well. It seems she is just playing games now. she should have least let you know if she really wanted to get coffee or at least talk in person. Just let her go. if she contacts you first, depending on what kind of person you are you either can give her the cold shoulder or try to talk it through. whatever you decide go through with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    brother im going to tell you something. i was with a girl for 5 months before the girl im with right now. we broke up a year ago and she is still trying to get back into my life. what i want to say is that women freak out over this stuff. 3 years is too long for someone to just simply forget about. she still has feelings for you. if i were you, and i still had feelings for this girl, i would not contact her at all. i would let her make the next move. but at the same time you need to do your best to try and get out of this slump. go out with your friends to a club or something. find another girl because she certainly has found another guy, even though he is a rebound she is making an effort to move on. the only thing you can do is do nothing at all. let her make the next move while you enjoy your life. there are so many women out there and i cant even think how hard this is for you. but love is a chemical imbalance in the brain. its not some magic feeling you get when you find someone. there are plenty of women that can make you feel this way. its a pretty damn heartless way to look at it, i know, but after having my heartbroken several times this is how i have to think to get by. just do what you think is right, man. take care of yourself and make sure that whatever you do, you do with ALL of your heart. life is too short to waste it with tears. good luck, my friend.