Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member FightontheOppression's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think I am selfish for telling my friend to not dream about marriage...

...and future at our age? My friend is very in love with his gf. We are both 22 years old. He likes to dream and think of a future with her and all, how their lives would be and all of that crap. I told him not to do that because one day when your gf passes away out of no where and all you have left with nothing, you end up with mind full of "what ifs" which just consume yourself with pain, sadness and misery. He says that I am being selfish. I am just trying to warn him through experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you kick his puppy and spit at his grandma, too? If he didn't ask for your opinion, keep your bitter, dream-killing views to yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    its nice of you to try and protect him from the pain of what could happen, but really you should let him live his life..it sucks loosing someone you care about but that is part of life and it makes us stronger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that if your friend is very in love with his girlfriend and this is something he wants to do, then why not be supportive? you never know what life has in store. if youve lived through not being happy, then thats your situation, he might be happily married, he might not be. but that is for him to figure out and experience!

Im 22 and getting married to the love of my life and i cant wait for our life together to truly start! who knows if itll work out or not but im willing to try!