Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

DNA test for my future daughter in NJ hospital?

Here's my situation. My wife and I have a 7 year old daughter, I decided to take a DNA test when she was 2 just to make sure she was mine after her mother and I broke up, 2 different tests turned out she is not biologically my daughter, I did however remain her full time father and supporter and nothing has changed since. Her mom and I got back together around a year later. We got married a little over a year ago. This past end of Feb to beginning of March she got pregnant and is gonna be giving birth to a girl in around 6 weeks from now. Just before she got pregnant from Dec through Feb she did cheat on me and we did have problems. And during the last week of Feb. I was away for a week but she swore she didn't do anything with anyone. When I came back we did make love and started our relationship over and fresh. We had sex a lot and she says she got pregnant in the first week of March, but they can never tell you exactly when you actually got pregnant. My question is I would like to get a DNA test done at the hospital right after the birth without her knowing, just because I don't want to stir any arguements up. Is that possible you think? I mean I can do what I did last time with my daughter and have the home kit and in office test done a little while later, but I want this done immediatly. I'm not having doubts, I just wanna be 100% sure this newborn is mine and not 99% sure. Who's to say she was screwing around while I was away, we were fighting a lot and there was a lot of lying involved too before she got pregnant. I'm in New Jersey too if anyone knows the laws about this as well. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, you poor guy. That is not fair to you. Good for you for being the dad of your first daughter!

She is the one that fooled around on you, so don't try to avoid a fight by doing it without her knowing, she needs to know. This is in no way your fault. Tell her what you would like to do, she has no way of telling exactly when she got pregnant, and if she did in fact fool around on you during that time, then this could very well be another mans baby. I am hoping that it is yours.

Call your doctor as well and ask them about the possibility of a DNA test after the delivery and see if that is even an option, but be straight with your wife. She did this to you, so don't feel bad for wanting to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you are going to stay with her and love the baby no matter what like with your other daughter, I would say forget about it all together, but if you really want to know then make an appointment with the local district attorneys office for a dna test and just take the baby. I am not sure if there is a way to do it in the hospital without her knowing, but you can do it at the district attorneys office without her knowledge.

Good Luck

Junior Member ShaunandNikolas'sMome's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to keep it on the down low, order a personal paternity test kit and test the baby while she is sleeping or something.

Junior Member ShaunandNikolas'sMome's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to keep it on the down low, order a personal paternity test kit and test the baby while she is sleeping or something.