Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

did i have a premonition of the earthquake in japan?

you are probably not going to believe me but i just want to say i'm not looking for attention, i would just like to hear if anyone has a logical explanation to this, scientific or spiritual.
    the night before the earthquake in japan, i had a horrible dream that i was in the middle of city while there was an earthquake and buildings where crashing down around me and trains and cars seemed to be rolling over, sliding about and crashing, it felt so real like i was actually there and could feel the ground shaking, i was terrified. At another point in my dream (although it may not seem as significant) i was pulled by this strong force into a dark muddy river and all my belongings where scattered everywhere and i had to gather them.
    I have been known to have very vivid dreams about really random stuff very frequently, but this one felt really strange and rather upset me after i woke up. At the time i was also suffering from a bad cold, so you could say that could have effected my hormones and mixed emotions.

i'm kind of freaked out about this because i'm an atheist, and am tempted to just believe this is a coincidence but it feels like too much of a coincidence. My theory is; you know birds and animals freak out when something bad is going to happen like how cows went to higher ground just before the tsunami happened a few years ago. well maybe humans have a very mild form of this.

can anyone share an insight into what this may have been?
    no, there was nothing to suggest it was in japan

rompi

Earthquake and Tsunami Dreams

You're not alone, I have experienced this on several occasions. I dreamt about earthquakes and they happened exactly the following day. I dreamt about tsunamis too before the Japan tsunami. And your description of your dream is very much like mine. It felt SO real. You actually feel the ground shaking (or see the big waves coming!).

I'm looking for an explanation for this as well (hence the post). I just had an earthquake dream the other night and when I read the news last night, I was surprised to see that there were earthquakes in Japan, the Philippines and Pakistan.

Is this the first time you experienced this?