I kissed, received oral sex, and had intercourse with a man who is infected with type I orally and type II genitally. The oral sex was unprotected, but a condom was used during intercourse, and there was no outbreak at the time.

It has been nearly two months and I have experienced no symptoms.. When I went to the gyno she told me I would have known within 5 days if I had contracted any type of herpes because I would have had no antibodies and therefore would have had an outbreak. She basically told me testing for it would be inconclusive as well if there was no outbreak at the time of testing. She then told me that since I used a condom it was 100% certain that I don't have it.

Everything I read tells me that there was still a slim chance.....My problem is this- I'm no longer seeing this person. Is it safe for me to have sex with other people? Can I assume I wouldn't be passing anything on? Do I have an obligation to say anything about herpes?

My doctor tells me I'm worrying about nothing. I've been tested for everything else. Thoughts?
I also had a swab test by another gyno, negative. As far as I know, I don't have herpes. I am assuming I don't since two medical professionals have told me not to worry. Am I correct in making this assumption?
Why did I have sex with someone with herpes? Because they didnt tell me they had it until after! Isn't that the reason most people worry after? If I didn't care and knew he had it (and the risks involved), I obviously would have made a different choice. I really do hope that theres some sort of vaccine for this available soon, it causes people so much stress. Myself included.