Ok, my fiancee's mom is not a terrible person, but she is incredibly negative and unhappy with almost everything in life. She wants to be involved with wedding planning and offers suggestions often (which i DO appreciate). However, if I all ready have my own idea for something - for example, my flowers- she gets really mad when I don't take her suggestion. When this happens, I have tried being extra polite and gracious for her offered help but she seems SO offended. This leads to so much drama. She will start yelling and throwing a major fit to the point where I don't want to tell her anything at all.

To top it off, her 16 year old daughter (and my future sister in law) is just like her mother. She is completely rude, negative, and just an overall terror. She tends to express her opinions in a hurtful way and I have no idea how to react. She is one of my bridesmaids and I am so fed up with her attitude.

WHAT can I do to settle the waters? I am at my wits end, but don't want to make matters worse since they are going to be family soon.
Thanks for all of the advise, another bit of information for you:

My future husband is very supportive and wants to be involved in the wedding planning. He knows his family is out of hand, but nontheless they are his FAMILY. He loves them regardless of how crappy they act. He has tried talking to them about how it makes us feel, but its getting us nowhere and fast! Ahhhhhhhhh!