I've been reading how in my state a company can fire you at will without reason. However unfair that seems, do they also have the right to strategically squeeze me out of a job (to avoid paying unemployment) by ridicule, intimidation or social exclusion?

I have certain co-workers who drop snide remarks under their breath, who smirk after I say hello, who, including my manager, ridicule my work and daily effort in meetings and in general (and encourage others to jump-in), and exclude me from meetings pertaining to the details of my assignments.

Furthermore, recently my tasks have been re-assigned to a subject in which I have no prior experience. A subject I want to learn, but was not given the chance to start slowly and move up. Immediately I was given assignments far outside my scope and with hard deadlines. When asked for additional help it was refused; while jokes about my progess/efforts were made all along. At one point, I literally worked 11 to 12 hours a day for over a month to get the job done. My supervisor never thanked me once.

Worried, I asked to speak with a direct supervisor who said there were no problems with my work and everything was ok. But other than that I really get no communication... just a barrage of cold eyes, smirks and disrespect... even from some upper management. This has been building but only the past week or so has it become clear multiple people are up to something.

I do have a touch of social anxiety and I think something about me sets individuals off -- but I'm never rude and I always try my best -- and I do try to treat people with respect. So given that - I don't feel I deserve to be kicked to the curb in this manner.

Does it sound like I can take any legal action if it gets to this?
Just to add: the subject I mentioned above some people devote their entire careers to learning...