Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians who believe they have the gift of prophecy or a word of knowledge/wisdom?

If you feel so inclined, please pray for God to give you a word to give to me..

I'm feeling like I need God to speak to me, and if this is for you, then please do. If you think this is silly, troll away (honestly, I don't care what you believe - you're entitled to believe as you will, and so am I).. but I'm thinking God might use someone, even one I don't know, to speak into my life concerning my circumstances and thoughts. Thanks..

Yes, Chan that's true.. but the Bible also says that each Christian has spiritual gifts, and some are given prophecy either to speak God's truth to others, or to speak about something into another person's life to either confirm or deny things, or to speak words of encouragement specifically for certain things in the church member's hearts. There is no reason why God can't use His own people to do so... God is in my heart, but He is also in others. My heart can deceive itself at times.. and so it's best to pray with others as well, that's why we have the church (locally AND universally).

Downloads
    Uploads
    God lives in your heart. Isn't that where you should ask first?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Romans 8:1-3 (New International Version)
    Life Through the Spirit
    1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d]

Philippians 2:5-13 (New International Version)
    5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

John 14:6-7
    6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Matthew 3:11
    "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Seek Jesus and seek knowledge and to be closer and know Jesus better and better. Things get better as we grow in Christ.
    bless you.