Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

christians, what about the davidic messianic prophecies?

from the jewish people i've asked, they recognize (i think) 23 davidic messianic prophecies in the old testament, none of which were fulfilled by jesus. how do you account for this?

the following are davidic messianic prophecies:
    * The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)
    * Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)
    * The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)
    * He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)
    * The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)
    * Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)
    * Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)
    * He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)
    * All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)
    * Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)
    * There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
    * All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
    * The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
    * He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)
    * Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)
    * The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)
    * The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)
    * Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)
    * The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot
    * He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)
    * Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)
    * He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)
    * He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).

thanks to phoenix for providing me with this list.

why would you ask the jews who disagree? obviously if they disagree they won't see this as a problem. it'd be the same as asking a christian.
    racheyray, the point of these prophecies, from what i gathered from jews is that they were to be fulfilled in the mortal life of the messiah. since jesus died he can't very well fulfill them.
    villhelm, i'm aware of that. however, there is a difference between the two. one side isn't making outrageous claims of accepting someone as a savious whose existence is questionable at best.
    great gig in the sky, no, the list is what i get from asking jews. none of them accept that jesus fulfilled any in his lifetime.
    great gig in the sky, no, the list is what i get from asking jews. none of them accept that jesus fulfilled any in his lifetime.
    great gig, no offense, but it is their book that christians often tout prophecy from. and considering the average jew's knowledge of the ot is higher than that of the average christian's, i'm gonna consider to what they have to say.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think, man.

Yes, please do and realise that the two sides are arguing over whose fairytale is more real xD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great list, I love it!

Isaiah 11:1 Jesus is descended from Solomon Mt. 1:6-16
    Isaiah 11:10 Christianity is spread throughout the world, every nation and kindred.
    Isaiah 52:7 Jesus' teachings were always promoting love and peace.
    Isaiah 51:3 Since 1948 when the Jews regained their land, God has blessed them abundantly. What was once desert is now a fruitful land with huge agricultural regions. Israel exports flowers to Holland even!

The rest of the prophecies are aligning to be fulfilled in the last days.