Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christian prophecy vs. Fortune telling?

It is no surprise that fortune telling is looked at as evil in the christian faith, but yet "prophetic" words are condoned all the time. I am somewhat confused about the difference between these two, as a "prophet" is still human, and a fortune teller may get their info from god, just as these supposed prophets do.
    Maybe someone can help me clear up this confusion.

How do you know that fortune tellers are getting their info from sprits and that christians aren't. Or that fortune tellers are getting their info from god. You are human, and in no position to know that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    its all a load of crap. Fortune tellers read ppl very well. They use a process of vague yet common ideologies to fool a person into believing what is being said is their future and many silly ppl go out of their way to make the so called future happen. On the otherhand christianity and prophecy is a narrative. It is a sort of fiction which tries to make human beings believe in a higher power to which faith will sub conciously make a human form boundaries so laws will be followed. If religion didnt exist mankind would find that the society would cease to exist cause each person would do wat suites and pleases them. The laws of society could not function without religion, so society has exaggerated religion as a safeguard to keeping a civilised society

Junior Member church_of_atheism's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most Christian religions believe god is more or less "done talking now." The bible has been written and so they are just waiting for revelations.