Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can a dog sense a bad spirit, or premonition?

Lately my dog,male,staff,has completely changed in his behaviour.I have two dogs one whos 10 and the dog in question is 5,they are both stimulated with toys etc,excersised regular and our healthy.Nothing out of normal routine has changed,but my dog has started whimpering constantly,he seems scared,he seems to look up and outside and begins to shake.Its so unlike him,hes normally so laid back.This has only been happening for 2 days now.hes exhausted but its like something just wont let him rest,I try not to feed his anxiety as am very aware how we can pass negative and positive energies etc.Neither am i one who believes in contacting dead etc,but i know my dog,and its very disturbing to see,Any ideas anyone

dreamland,thanks for your input,im all the more wiser now!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    no its proven that they dont, alot of dogs reactions can be to sound. thjey can hear things in the walls etc.water leaks, roaches rats

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take him to the vet in case it's none of what you suspect. Why take the chance that your guess is what it must be and not a health problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dogs go by internal instincts, gut feeling, stuff like that ... like people.

Junior Member dreamland3^[]^3angel's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes so does a cat.

Junior Member dreamland3^[]^3angel's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes so does a cat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My friends dog seen a hot air balloon fly over its yard it was very low and for about 1 month after the dog would bark at nothing just looking up at sky get very scared cry and be very skittish (it would also do this inside the house) No sure if this helps but if it continues i would take him to the vet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since we can't even confirm the existence of spirits, who knows? Some people believe that yes, dogs can sense such things. Personally, as a pessimist, I think that when we die, we're dead and that's it. (Yeah, I'm no fun.)

I would certainly take him to the vet. I mean, he's suddenly started shaking and whimpering for no reason. Yeah, maybe he's sensing something, or maybe he's experiencing petit mal seizures. I mean, shaking, whimpering (a sign of pain or stress) and sudden behavioral changes can indicate any of many medical maladies. If your vet gives him a completely clean bill of health, then it might be time to start considering the supernatural.