Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Biology i need to make a prediction on surface area of volume ratio but i have no

clue what it is!!? So i have Biology science homework on surface area of volume ratio and i need to make a prediction but i have no idea what it is!
    the aims are: In this experiment you will see how quickly different sized cubes of wet sponge dry throughout evaporation.
    Class 10HX were studying how the surface area to volume ratio of different animals could affect the amount on heat loss. The teacher presented an experiment to stimulate the idea. She showed them some sponge cubes of different sizes and explained that the smaller the cube the larger the surface area compared to volume. In her experiment the teacher made the cubes damp and weighed them. She then dried them using a hair dryer and measured their weight every 2 minutes for 10 minutes.
    So what i want to know is

* What is surface area to volume ratio and how you would go about writing your prediction
    thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you not know how to calculate volume of a cube?

Do you not know how calculate the surface area of 6 squares, and then add them up?

Do that for a cube 1 cm across, and for one 10 cm across.