Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Being Tall and being at a all-girls school..need help for future?

Ok, I'm like really taller than all the girls in my class and i'm at a all-girls school. I always feel like I'll never get a date in my future teen years 'cause no guy will want to go with a girl taller than them.
    And I never really feel happy about being tall, I never think of it as a good thing, being not to wear the same clothes as others, looking different in photos, not being as slim as the other girls! It feels like the overweight girls who hate school. What should I do? And how can I make myself stop growing?
    Plus, i can't even be a model, I don't exactly have acne free skin, it runs in my family so it's not exactly one spot

Also, at dance class I often think tall people don't look good street dancing, at tips there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok how tall are you 5ft8" ??

to be honest im 5ft 10" and id rather have a taller girlfriend

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im the tallest girl in my class and i know how u feel. i have mild acne too but it dont stop boys liking me i used to feel down about it and insecure as i was ALOT taller then everyone else in my primary school however when i came to secondry school people started catching up. i have learnt to love who i am. and people who call me 'lanky' ect.. well they are just pathetic ! the people that usualy say these things are the shortys u shud just be pround ov who you are and learn to love yourself. and as for the dancing.. why would tall people not look good? ive ceen loadsa tall people on the dancefloor (:
    dont worry about 'fitting in' just be YOU and find a group of people who love you for who you are. x

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you!!! I hated being the tallest one in my class and later, in the dating scene I hated not being able to wear high heels. I am 5'9 and as I got older, it got a lot better. And now, there are so many cute shoes with low or flat heels.

The best advice I can give is to really work on being the best you can with the body you have. There is nothing you can do to influence how tall you are but you can work out and get into shape so you have an awesome body and well toned muscles. Focus your energy on what you CAN be instead of what you can't.

I wish I had that advice when I was younger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't do anything about it, and you can't make yourself stop growing. Fortunately, you may have gotten your height early, and will may probably soon stop. I was 5'8'' at just11 years old and haven't grown an inch since! I just started earlier than everyone else, and by HS, I was not considered tall at all.

Oh, and being shorter would not solve any problems. All teens find something about themselves and obsess over it. If it wasn't your height, it'd be your nose, it'd be your feet, your hair, etc. You get the picture. Trust me, EVERYONE goes through what you are goingt hrough. Eat healthy, exercise right now and the rest will naturally all fall into place in your later teen years

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know exactly how you feel, and trust me, it gets better. I was the tallest girl in my class every single year until about my junior year of high school - I'm 5'10" now. The guys will catch up very soon. Try to see the good side of it - all models are tall, long legs are something to be desired by most women. Plus, you'll never need someone to help you get something off a high shelf.

I know that it's hard to find tall pants. Old Navy has all their pants in tall sizes online and often in the store, and the catalogs/stores Delias and Alloy offer most if not all of their pants in 35" and even 37" inseams. It might take a little work to find places that sell clothing you both like and can wear, but when you do, you'll find out that being tall isn't so bad.

Love who you are!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 5'11". All the girls in my family are tall, my cousin is 6'2". We all felt akward in school. Once you leave school it gets so much better. Guys like tall girls, me and all my female relatives are married. One day you will understand that it is good to be tall. I remember reading a study somewhere that said tall people are more sucessfull in their careers and make more money then shorter people. Something to look forward to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wear flat bottom shoes and walk kind of hunched over so you look shorter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most girls wish they were tall! i'm short and i would love being taller! trust me by the time you get to be a teenager the guys will be taller then you. all boys are short until about freshman year. everybody is insecure about something don't think you are the only one!