Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby prediction...when will he enter the world?

My sister is 18 years old and about to have her first baby. She's 39 weeks and 1 day along and due on the 16th. Her doctor says she's 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced and that the baby's head is at the +1 station. She began nesting half-way through her 38th week and she had contractions at 37 weeks that were 5-7 min. apart.

Does this mean that the baby will most likely be here today or tomorrow? She's anxious and ready to be a mom and the doctor said he wanted her to wait for the baby to be 39 weeks along and he is now, so yeah.

I forgot to mention that her last doctor's appointment was the 6th and that's when he told her all of that. Things may have changed in the last 3-4 days.

Junior Member Mumtoagreatlittleguy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing in this information indicates that labour is for sure going to happen within 24 hours.

Some women can be 2cm for weeks on end, I was 3cm from 36 weeks, and made it to 1 day shy of 42 weeks.

I can understand her anxiousness, but it can happen tomorrow, or it could still be 1 or 2 weeks away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    she will most likely be having her baby in less than 3 day! i was a week late and had to fasten my contractions with a capheder and had my baby the day after my birthday. congratulations to her and you miss auntie!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If she is concerned she needs to see the doctor again to relieve any stress she is feeling, she will proberly deliver her baby in the next 2 - 5 days, congratulations on being an aunt