Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member LaurenKiarneHunter's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on careers for the future?

I am fourteen and fairly smart and studious. I love arguing(debating ;p).
    I was seriously considering becoming a lawyer when I leave school, but I am kind of uncertain now because I don't know if I would really like it. Friends tell me I'm stupid because 'who wants to stick up for a murderer' but I wouldn't mind that; it is more about ensuring fairness.
    I love reading Jodi Picoult books, and the three that I have read all involved lawyers. She writes really well and it really does make me want to be a lawyer.

Now, my question is, have you had any experiences as a lawyer? Did you like being a lawyer? Are you still one? And do you think that it would suit my personality?

Anyone who isn't a lawyer, what do you work as and do you think it would suit my personality?

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a lawyer

If u live in the USA would highly suggest u don't be a lawyer, yes the pay is great, but as it stands now the USA has to many lawyers making the field just like doctors. They are seen as the highest paying jobs in the world and are very competitive. If this hasn't changed youe mind about it, just know what u are getting into before u jump.

Don't think of it as defending a murderer, u need to think of it as defending a innocent man/woman, because a lawyer is supposed to be un-biased, if u already labeled your client a murderer you won't have the drive needed to win the case(if he is infact innocent).

I would suggest you try a polotician...they love to argue..uh i mean "debate". But as a sub-group with something a little less boring u might try forgien polotics, u know being a ambassidor? traveling all over the world(to the countries whose language u know) and help fix this broken forgien policies the nations have.