Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a title of a motorcycle with title, but the title is signed in the...

...back. how would i transfer bike? Well, i bought a bike from a friend, he had the title and the bike. the title was signed in the back but not by my friend. i believe the bike is still in the other guy's name. if i wanted to transfer it into my name, would i just have to get a hold of the guy? if i couldn't get a hold of the guy what would i have to do to get the bike under my name?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Dept of Motor Vehicles will not know that the title skipped a person (your friend) and will think you are purchasing the bike from the person who signed the title. Take it to them and ask to have the title transferred into your name. This will correct things from here forward.

You could have been difficult with your friend and asked him to straighten it out before you purchased the bike. I wouldn't have given him the money until he produced a clean title in his name. That's just business, man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Dept of Motor Vehicles will not know that the title skipped a person (your friend) and will think you are purchasing the bike from the person who signed the title. Take it to them and ask to have the title transferred into your name. This will correct things from here forward.

You could have been difficult with your friend and asked him to straighten it out before you purchased the bike. I wouldn't have given him the money until he produced a clean title in his name. That's just business, man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the signed title to a department of licensing office and transfer the title like normal. The seller doesn't have to be there so it really doesn't matter who the previous owner was, as long as they signed the title.