Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long will a 250 sport bike last me?

I have been trying to decide what bike I want . I have been considering the honda cbr 250r or the kawasaki ninja 300. I'm just wandering when will I want to upgrade because I will driving it everyday to school and work putting an average of about 100 miles a day except some weekends going on the highway and blasting through the back roads. I'm just wandering is a 250 bike going to suit my needs or should I go with something like the honda cbr 500r or the yamaha fz6r or is this just a little big for a beginner? Any help or advice would be highly appreciated thank you . Ps. I am a relatively big guy weighing over 200 pounds and around 6.2 tall and I will be taking a certified motorcycle training coarse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on you. If you are like most motorcyclists you will want to be able to ride 120+ mph you will should get a 650 twin. If you are wanting a motorcycle for cheap transportation, you could be happy on a 250 for 100,000 miles / 10 years, whichever comes first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A 250cc sportbike will last you a month tops if you ride everyday and know how to ride. You'll get bored of it quickly, but it's still a good bike to learn on. If you already know how to somewhat ride starting on a 500cc wouldn't hurt. I started on a 750