Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

How do i convince my parents to get me a dirt bike?

Im 13 and ive ridden a dirtbike before and im good at riding them but my dad wont let me get a dirt bike because he thinks i will fall off and break my neck or get hurt.I told him ill always wear a helmet and that im responsible and can handle them but he still keeps saying no and hes seen me ride before also. Also if i get a dirt bike ill probably get a 125cc dirt bike, if that matters.
    1. My parents arent worried about the money theyre worried about the safety
    and 2. if your going to put an answer actually answer the question instead of putting "your not good enough" and so on
    hey rottendo, i said no insulting!! and to just answer the question! IF YOUR NOT GOING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION NICELY DON'T ANSWER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i wont be racing it or doing big jumps, mostly just riding around fields and what not. and sorry to hear about your son Joe B

Downloads
    Uploads
    They feed you
    They clothe you
    They put a roof over your head
    They pay for your education
    They pay your medical bills
    They pay for and understand the medical insurance
    They care about you
    They are better judges of your abilities and maturity than you are
    They know what sort of crap you pull
    By simply coming here whining and asking how to "con" them into this shows a lack of maturity that I'm sure they already are aware of.
    In 5 years you will be 18.
    Make your own money, pay your own bills, live on your own and then make your own decisions.
    Until then, "the whining lamp is out"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same problem you did when I was 12. I convinced my grandmother to buy me a bike, but for your question, I don't have the answer to that, but I will tell you that my son convinced me to by him a mini-bike a few years back and it eventually lead to him racing motocross. He was a very good racer and I never worried about him riding because he had always used good sense when it came to jumping, riding, etc... Well, last March 13th, while practicing on his favorite track, he landed funny on a jump that he had hit a thousand times and was thrown off the bike. The crash broke his neck, leaving him paralyzed from the neck down. He was wearing a Leatt brace (for all you out there that love them so much). So now I'm his caregiver and he is totally dependent on me for everything.

Now, on a happier note...would I do it again? Yes. He loved riding. The odds are better for you to win the lottery than breaking your neck. You actually stand a better chance of being struck by lightening. Breaking bones is a real possibility and that may be why they don't want you to ride. Because if you ride long enough, it is going to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, my friend asked me the same question. i told him, do your research first, and show your parents what you found out, then find either an on road or off road motorcycle class (i know you already know how to ride but this will help you get a dirt bike), where you get to use the classes bikes, they will teach you everything you need to know, and very useful safety techniques that work with all motorcycles, then ask your parents if you can sign up. if they say yes, it will show them you are serious about wanting to get a dirt bike. i wouldn't go to them saying "everybody breaks arms and gets hurt" because i believe they aren't looking to hear that. Your parents are probably looking for maturity and responsibility (I'm not saying your not mature or responsible) but show them you can handle having a dirt bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can't convince them because they know you better than we do. I doubt your as good as you think you are and they know it<