Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will they get on?

I have a basset hound and a doberman and they get on perfectly well. We got the dobbie after we already had the basset and the dobbie was already 2 yrs old but they settled in together(both are neutered).. However the dobbie hates any cats he finds in the garden and kills them and if another dog is passing in front of the house he barks like mad!! does that mean i wont be able to bring another dog in the house cos i really want to adopt a scottish terrier...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to get the Dobie socialized and trained before you bring in any more animals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try it out first. get the two dogs together. or just introduce the dogs in a safe manner. put dobbie on a lead. also the dobbie will need to establish dominence over the new dog. it will look like they are fighting but they are not. just watch them closely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe see if the place you plan on getting the other dog from will allow you to bring up your doberman to see if they get along before bringing it home.