I'm sorry this is going to be long, but I need to explain everything first.

My dog doesn't live with me. My parents didn't want a dog and my boss (the breeder), signed co-ownership papers with me without my parents knowing. When my parents found out, they tried to do everything they could to stop it, but in the end nothing was done. Now, I'm at college, and my parents won't take the dog, so my boss agreed to continue letting my dog live there until I can take him (he gets free food and board!).

Now, she told me that as long as I still plan to take him, she'll keep him there. If I decide that I can't, then she'll work on finding him a home.

I've paid for training classes (he is CGC and TDI), and I show him regularly (with my boss and other dogs from work).

Suddenly, out of the blue, another worker (she's new) told my boss that I told her I couldn't take my dog. My boss then questioned me about it, and I told her "He will be living with me my junior year of college, cont
I will take him, and he WILL be my dog."

I haven't gotten a reply back yet (she's not on the internet until late).

My question here is, why would the other lady tell my boss that?

When I was home 3 weeks ago, she asked me if I was taking him home for the day, and I said I couldn't (our house is currently on the market). Did she just misunderstand and bring it up 3 weeks later?

I'm just confused, and a little hurt and worried. I know that this dog won't go with anyone else, but I just don't know why this lady would say that. What do you think?