Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Kitten888

why is my cat throwing up?

My 1.5 year old cat has thrown up twice this week. There is food in the vomit but there is also some hairball (I know, lovely combo!) I recently started feeding him the Hairball control version of the same dry food that he has eaten since he was a kitten. I chose a hairball control food because he was hacking a lot (or whatever it is called when they are trying to cough up a hairball) but most of the time hairballs would not come out. I know the hairball control food is supposed to help eliminate hairballs but should that be making him throwing up the fur along with the food in his tummy?

steven s
    Furballs are normal for a cat to have, so I'd say let him cough them up. Hairballs are created when the cats clean themselves with their tongue, and the fur gets stuck to their tongues and they swallow it. By forcing these to say in his stomach could not be helping him. The food coming up with the furballs is just food that got caught i his furballs whilst they were in his stomach, it's totally normal. Hope I helped. All best.