Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    adrmets

When it's cold or pouring raining what do I do wit my dogs?

I live in a apartment in NYC and own a cocker spaniel and a yorky/maltese mix. When winter comes and the snow starts to come what's a way to get my dogs to exercise without going outside? I have ideas like using a treadmill for them but I don't own one. They're to small to pull me in the snow if I put on my skies. What are some good ideas?

blonde.bombshell41
    If you are wanting exercise for them ,then just throw toys for them to run after and bring back.I live a country life but my dog stays indide and she gets plenty of exercise chasing toys that I throw for her.

Clee
    There is no substitute for the outdoors! If you're worried about them being cold, just get them some little sweaters or coats from PetCo!

squeaky130
    A treadmill is a good idea for excercise, but they still need to go out to potty. Does the cold and rain bother you or them more? You had to know when you bought the dogs and lived in an apartment that there would be days of bad weather.......Put on a rain coat and walk them.

sweetpartychick
    How about simply putting on a leash and bundling yourself up and going for a walk.

Emma B
    I'm not sure whether it works for all dogs but i let my 4 out when i come home. I has been snowing they absolutely love to go outside and run in it. They may only bbbe out there for about 5 minutes and then they come inside when they have had enough. It tires them out pretty quick so i assume it is good exercise. Your dog may be a little small for this but you could try it. Not saying it will work but it's worth a try. In winter i also take them to a puppy gym where they are inside and can run around with other dogs and play with their toys. We are usually there for about an hour a day.

samanthapetersons
    play "fetch" with them inside ur apartment they will eventually get too tyred and go 2 sleep for a few hours and leave u alone