Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    riddle me this

what dog to chooose.....?

i am 16 year old and part of a family of 5 (including me). I have 2 brothers, 10 and 12, and my father is disabled. My dad is thinking about getting a labrador retriever as they are apparantly good in such a case, but i would prefer a different dog (personally i like boxers). It will be my dog to train and take out for jogs, etc. but in the end it is pretty much his decision as to what breed we are to get. Does anyone have other suggestions though, other than lab, border collie, german shep. Also, links to sites would be great.

ALSO- if we were to get a lab, i would prefer an english labrador (show bred). Does anyone know of breeders listed in Ontario, or if english labs can even be purchased in anywhere other than england/ U.K ? I'm not quite sure. THANK YOU.

Alondra A
    i think that a boxer will help and u have to train it good and to help your dad around the house

Downloads
    Uploads
    here is a test u can take. http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogselectorindex.do

Anna L
    You should look in shelters and try to find a mix. They're usually easier to train. Try petfinder.com and you may be able to find a lab-boxer mix or something. anything with lab in it is going to be smart and friendly. Boxers can be pretty high strung, but are very smart.

Good Luck!