Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you have in your tank? Real or fake plants? What's the different benefits of

each? I have always had fake plants, but I was thinking about maybe switching to live plants. Do they make taking care of the aquariam much more difficult? Is it any harder to vaccum up the gravel with their roots everywhere? I have a 20 galleon tank and wanted suggestions on whether I should make the switch and what the differences are in having live plants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Live plants are not more difficult to manage. In fact, live plants are helpful to the aquarium. They use nitrate and ammonia and make a much safer element out of it.
    However plastic plants are less likely to be eaten by fish. They also will not die.