...bit over weight. ? For a couple of years I have noticed she was kind of stiff in her hind legs. I only thought it was from were she was a bit over weight and possibly arthirits. About 4 months ago her hind right leg, she acted like she couldnt walk on it, like the foot was hurt. This went away the following day. The last year she had trouble getting up and down from laying and in the past couple of months trouble getting up steps. The day before I had her put to sleep she couldnt walk. She couldnt even get up to go potty. All she could do was sit, no laying, and didnt eat yet barely drank any water. Later in that night she started to whine and shiver. I tried calling all the vets around here but couldnt get ahold of anyone. About 3 a.m. I barely and gently ran my hand down her back to comfort her and she YELLED bloody murder. She kept on for about a minute then stopped. Her hind legs seemed to lose more and more of their feeling as the hours went by and it seemed as if it was moving up her legs. We got up the next mornig and I finally got ahold of a vet. As I picked her up to take her to the car she YELLEd again. This time it killed me cause I knew what I was gonna have to do. Can anyone help me with trying to figure out what happened to her? The vet said it could be a ruptured disk but I am exploring all options. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

It seemed as if the pain was in the very center of her back behind her shoulders. I didnt put my hands anywhere near her back after she yelled. I knew she was in a lot of pain.