Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Toymachineroxmysox's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What am I to do?

I am getting a puppy in late May or early June. He is a wire fox terrier puppy and he was born on 3.21.08. The thing is I am going to be gone on a family vacation from May 21 to June 6 in Florida. My mom sais I have to wait until we get back becauuse we cant take him with us and my grandma (Watching our older dog) wont be able to let him out during the night. I really want to have him when he is 8 wks because I still want him to be cute and tiny for a little bit but I wouldnt be able to get him till he was almost 11 wks. Should I stay home from our vacation at my grandmas and get my puppy or should I go to Florida and wait til' we get back? Do you think he will grow a ton in 16 days?

Junior Member Tgirltdoggiexlovet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think he'll grow that much maybe just a little but not alot!

rember to Nuter your dog when he's old enough!

Junior Member SmileItsNotThatSerious's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh for chrissake... yes he'll be a little bigger... but he's an animal, an individual, not a cutesy wootsey little teddy bear. If you want the dog, be prepared to do what is in his BEST INTEREST... i have a feeling you are not mature enough to make a LIFETIME COMMITMENT to an animal...

Downloads
    Uploads
    go with the family...maybe they can potty train him or at least paper train him before you get him.

Jennifer T
    "Cute" isn't as important as proper training and socialization. Waiting to bring the puppy home will be better for the pup than changing his environment twice in such a short time. I'd wait.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, puppies do grow a lot in 16 days. but not THAT much. and i think you should go on vaca. and leave the pup with a friend so that it gets used to ppl

Stina
    You're either going to have to stay home from your vacation, or wait until he is 11 weeks. He will still be cute and tiny, and still be during his socialization period, so you won't miss much. Plus, he should learn a bit more bite inhibition if he stays with his mother for that long.