we got our jack russell terrier back in 2006 and we've had a massive problem with shedding for the whole time. the fur gets stuck in our carpets and doesnt get picked up by the vacuum cleaner. only if we pick it off by hand. anyway, my mum has allowed it now since its too late to fix it, we've been living in the same flat for 15 years and we want to move. if we do move, we're going to find a pet friendly apartment but my mum wants to find a place with a balcony to put the dog because she doesnt want the massive problem with shedding in our possible new house. what else can we do?

i bought a furminator and brush him every few days, i give him high quality food with lots of nutrients and oils for a lovely coat and i take him out for walks everyday. yet he still sheds like crazy
i even bought him a jumper for winter days to keep him warm and to keep the fur on him. help??

i dont want him on the balcony 24/7 because the weather changes so suddenly, he could be very uncomfortable, i dont want him split from us all the time and he wouldnt have that much room to move. but my mum has made up her mind and there is no changing it. also, i have work 3-4 times a week so i dont have time everyday to take him for long walks. also, im approaching VCE which is very important during my schooling and cant always spare time to spend hours at the park