Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uggggg. Is there any way to get rid of fleas other than frontline??

I have tried flea shampoo, flea collars, flea powder, I have treated the lawn and the house and the fleas are still covering my dogs. I have tried frontline and 3 other products similar with little to no luck. I bathe the dogs 2-4 times a week with flea shampoo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have really done all you said you did, those must be super fleas!

Talk to an exterminator and your veterinarian for proper product usages, ect. Make sure you get a flea treatment that regulates the growth of fleas as well as killing adult fleas. Frontline does not do this, just Frontline Plus. Check the guide below for some comparison.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?acatid=176&aid=281

Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree with the previous answer...some over the counter products work well....
    HOWEVER....
    not matter how much you treat the dogs, without treating the house, carpets, bedding, etc....nothing you do will work. Also remember to treat the car if they have traveled with you....Always start from the baseboard and work to the center of the room...
    Zodiac makes:
    1) Shampoo
    2) Monthly drops
    3) Spray in case you see a flea on them
    4) Spray for the house (Called "Premise")
    They have an 800 number to call if you have questions...
    Good luck.
    PS - I am a dog groomer....I have more than ample opportunity to bring home fleas...I have had my dogs on Zodiac (monthly treatment) for the last coupls of years and I have NEVER once found a flea on them or in the house. I treat my grooming ship regularly with Premise spray...no fleas/