Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sugar Glider HELP ASAP!!!!?

I have my sugar gliders for about a month and a half now, i have 2 of them, one male and one female, i bought them from sugarbears.com company and they gave me everything i need to take care of them, all the proper foods and directions, i am positive i have followed those directions right and have not done anything wrong when it comes to the cage setup or nutrient care for them, but today i realized that my male glider's tail has been chewed on and has lost hair and length and there is dry blood around his tail and the chewed area. either the female is doing this or the male is like mutilating himself idk, but i dont have a 24/7 emergency clinic for pets in a reasonable area, i have to work in about two hours and i just dont know what to do. He is eating and drinking water as i watched him do so, he is also playing around as he seems to be perfectly normal except his chewing/biting situation. does anyone have a advice? i sent a email to the company but its out of their hours and i have to wait a while. so can anyone help me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a quick search, found an article with tail chewing involved, here http://en.allexperts.com/q/Sugar-Gliders-3567/sugar-glider-chewing-tail.htm it could be a parisite or stress, but the important part for you is this link in the article on how to make a cone for it http://sm.all4gliders.com/ecollar/index.html so it can't chew it's tail, you may not have everything it asks for, but I'm sure you can jimmy-rig something close to it with what you do have