Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fish tank cleaning. We currently use the PYTHON cleaning tube and love it...but

we need help!? Hi all,

We currently us the PYTHON cleaning tube for our tank
    We love it, it's relatively mess free and one person can do it

However the green attachment that goes onto the faucet breaks fairly often. We went to replace it (again) and were told the item is discontinued partialy due to that faulty part.

Do any of you use a system similar to the PYTHON that you could recommend?

I've included a link I found that explains the product. It really is a good item EXCEPT for the dang piece that goes on the faucet, don't trust it!!

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://web.singnet.com.sg/~teosb1/python1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://web.singnet.com.sg/~teosb1/python.html&h=480&w=640&sz=45&hl=en&start=4&um=1&u sg=__lDRjH1qblcrPfNnHrkaCiv5Jdgs=&tbnid=uN4InXO952 ollM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpython%2Bfish%2Btank%2Bclean%26um%3D1 %26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been useing the python system for years now and have never broke the part your talking about though I can see how you could if you weren't carefull and made sure you pushed straight up on it and then gently twisting it into place based on the concept you could make your own pice useing a couple of fittings from the hard wear store

you would need a Tee and a shut off valve the tee would connect to a pice of hose that is fitted with a pice to attach to the sink then the center would attach to the hose that goese to the tanks and the bottom would have a small tube to attach the shut off valve to the shut off valve being open would create the suction and closed would fill the tank it is a very simple concept I recomend not useing mettal use brass or nylon plumbing parts if you explained what you were doing to the hard wear cleark and took a small length of the tube say the pice to connect the tee to the valve so he would point out the right size to use I hope this helped