Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My two cats always share their litterbox, so do I still need two boxes?

I know the conventional wisdom is to have two (or even three) litterboxes if you have two cats. I have had one cat for 8 years and the other for almost 2 years. When I got the new cat, I bought a second litterbox, but he always used the same one as my female cat. Two weeks ago, I switched the barely used male cat's litter box with a littermaid mega and now they box use that box exclusively. The other box has been unused for two weeks. I live in an apartment and am moving to a smaller condo; could I get away with just the littermaid under these conditions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no reason to have two litter trays just because you have two cats! Thats like having 4 toilets because 4 people live in your house! Our brother and sister cats quite happily use the same tray. Its easier to have one anyway and as long as the cats seem happy and untroubled by sharing, I don't see an issue here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just let them use the same litter box.... You should probably get away with the litter maid.

Good luck=)