Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    sexy

my dogs wen taking walks?

i have been taking my 11 year old male wolf& husky mixed and my 6 month old female pit baby girl walking together every day and shes hard to walk because she pulls us and shes hyper and my older dog gets to the point were he cant be around her, wen walking,. last night we seen a grown pit male dog walking with its owner, and he was growling at my puppy, because she wanted to play , and that set my old dog off barking , and she starts to barking, now im not going to be able to walk them together, she starts training classes this sunday, and she needs it big time, my question is do you think its o-kay to take one dog at a time? ,because i heard your suppost to walk them together to get them more closer,?but i think shes getting on my old man dogs nerves,he wants to sight see and it relaxs him and he will always go first!! and she runs so fast on the leash , you would think we were running in a race! and she wont come back once you let her run somewhere safe,you have to go get her!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is ok to walk your dogs one at a time. i don't think they won't get along if you do ,b/c aren't they in the same house together?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Neighbor has a Boxer and a chihuahua and walks them separately b/c the chihuahua is a demon dog....

Downloads
    Uploads
    it is ok to walk your dogs one at a time. i don't think they won't get along if you do ,b/c aren't they in the same house together?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see how walking them together can help them bond but if it may effect your older dogs help by putting stress on them, then I think you should walk them separately.

Instead of them bonding in a walk maybe they could do something else together. Play fetch?

Hope this helps dear!
    Good Luck with your two pups!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah i think you need to walk them together to grow closer, well you can let one off the lead and keep the other one on.
    If the dog walking is a problem you could walk one on a lead and have a friend or family member walk the other with you, this will save time and you will be able to keep them under control!
    anyway, good luck!
    jack

gentleannie
    Take one at a time 'till the puppy is trained to walk on a leash.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take one dog at a time until your young dog is older and better trained. Your dogs are already bonded to each other. You want your puppy to bond to you. Walking her by herself will bond her to you plus you can spend some time training her to walk nice on a leash. Good luck in your training classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Work with puppy in obedience. She needs to learn to "heel" and walk on a lead. You're the leader, not her and she needs to realize that. Use a choker for training - just take it off immediately after you're done training as they can be dangerous. I walk my old dog and my puppy together. I am training my puppy to heel and that she has to walk beside me. Use treats to guide the dog to walk where you want her to when you practice.

John N
    she is young and curious by every thing she sees. u might try using a harness where u can get more control over her. i walk my 3 together and my little 8 mth pooch runs and bite sthe other big dogs and torments them. he barks and wants to inspect all around him too. as they get use to the walks and get older they do settle down and enjoy it more.i have to take them all or the husky gets the border collie howling when he sees me outside with the little poochi. i can hear them a mile away and it sounds like a pack of wolves howling at the moon, so they all go together and i don't have my neighbours thinking they are in pain. lol i would walk them together and it will get easier as she gets older. good luck