Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

MY DOGS nose is warm and dry is that bad?

she looks like so frustrated like if she had been running alot she is panting a lili bit i dunno why this is the first time my house aint that hot the only thing she had was her regular food her regular clemastine pils and since friday her clavamox pills, she has had clavamoz before nothing happen. what could it be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that means your dog is unhealthy, since a wet nose means it is healthy. Maybe you should consult a vet about this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the house may not be hot to you but her body normal temp. is 101.6-102 so she may be warmer than you think. a dry warm nose is normal for dogs in the house. I'm sure she is fine but maybe she would like to go outside for a while.

Shanna
    The whole wet/dry nose thing being a symbol to health is nonsense. It's an old wives tale that means absolutely nothing. A healthy dog can have a dry/warm nose and an unhealthy dog can have a wet nose.

Unless your dog is displaying worrisome symptoms then you have nothing to worry about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My dog is sleeping now but I just felt his nose and it's warm and dry and I know he's healthy. But I don't know anything about these meds he's on so maybe you have a problem that needs a vet here. The meds are what makes me nervous.