Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

introducing the new kitten to the existing gang(dog+older kitten)?

Earlier Today I was walking my dog on the beach and found a tiny kitten(id say no older than 5 weeks) all wet shaking by the beach so I took him (i think) home and I have a dog and a kitten we adopted around valentines day... As this wasnt planned or expected I had no time to prepare for this situation as I have in the past. Both my dog and cat are young.. Noel(dog) turned 1 a few months ago and Sprinkles(our cat) is about 6 months old. My dog likes the new kitten, but he is scared of her which is understandable.... but the pain issue is between my older kitten(female) and the new one(i think, male), Im keeping them seperated for the most part and always if i cant thoroughly supervise.. but does anyone have any tips for a smooth as possible introduction?! thanks!

and the older kitten is getting spayed on wenesday anyway so pregnancy shouldnt be an issue

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since your cat is still pretty young, you may not have any problems. But if you do just keep the kitten close to you while you let your cat come up to the kitten her self. She may get Curious and want to see what the kitten is or she may not even care at all. If she tries to attack the kitten, which I don't think will happen, but if it does just put the kitten in another room where hes safe and in like a hour or so bring him out again and let your cat come up to him.

Letting them warm up to each other is the best thing to do. Although since your cat is a female, she may even try to take care of the kitten. I've had a few cats of my own that has tried to feed other cats kittens even though they had nothing to give them it's pretty cute if you think about it.

But please don't give the kitten regular milk. A friend of mine did that with her kitten and he got sick, and died a couple days later. I really would hate for that to happen to yours.

Good luck. Hope I helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are doing all you can do, at the moment. How lucky you found the cat, because had you not it wouldn't have made it. It was very young. So whether it is a girl or a boy it is lucky. I had to laugh when you said the dog was afraid of it.

Cats are territorial creatures. They are like women fin-key. After you get the older one fixed, she may come around. Two cats can live together. I have eight and they all love one another, and my one and only dog, thinks he is one. He eats cat food only and watches over them like a Mother.

Moisten the dry food you feed it, and don't feed it milk