Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

From Hunter: Itching for the Season to Start [Inside the Ballpark with Hunter Pence]

Hey everyone!
    So, we are just three short weeks away from our season opener in San Diego and I’m already itching to get on that plane to head out west.
    I made a couple of appearances on ESPN this week, starting by doing a phone interview on ESPN News and finishing up on First Take on Friday. Doing interviews is actually a lot of fun, especially on ESPN because I still have to pinch myself somedays that I’m lucky enough to be playing this game everyday … and being on ESPN is pretty cool.
    To recap the past week, we played some pretty good teams from the American League, starting off with the Bronx Bombers on Monday. There’s always a different kind of energy out there when those guys are around. Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera and Posada … seeing them across the way is pretty special. Tuesday I had the day off but we played against Detroit and their high-powered offense. That lineup has to be one of the top two in the entire American League. They are stacked from top to bottom and I would not want to be a pitcher facing that lineup!
    Wednesday, I was back in the lineup against the Tampa Bay Rays. They are going to surprise some people this year as they have some pretty good starters on their pitching staff and Carlos Pena came out of nowhere and hit over 40 homers last year … keep your eye on those guys. Thursday, we faced a strong Cleveland Indians club - man can they hit! They were so close to reaching the World Series last year and facing the reigning AL Cy Young Winner in CC Sabathia wasn’t easy.
    He held us scoreless for the three innings he was on the mound and was pretty impressive. Friday we had a rematch against the Yankees on the road and ended up walking out of there with a win. Shawn Chacon pitched against his former club and threw groundball after groundball and that’s always great to see.
    Over the next couple of weeks, you will start to see the starting pitchers go longer and position players go a little deeper into the game in preparation for the regular season - which is fine by me because i’ll take all the at-bats I can get!
    Until next week!
    Hunter
    Tags: astros-spring-training, baseball, baseball-blog, cc sabathia, cleveland-indians, houston-astros, hunter pence, hunter pence accident, hunter pence blog, hunter pence injured, shawn chacon, tampa bay rays, yankeesShare This

</img>
    </img>
    </img> </img> </img> </img>

Unregistered

Your Biggest 3 yr old fan

Hello Hunter! My Daddy is typing this because I can't exactly spell yet, nor type at all. My name is Peyton Seeber and I am 3 1/2. I am the biggest 3-year old Astro fan here in Cypress, TX. I just wanted to tell you how much I look up to you. My Grammy and Papa got me season tickets this year so I can cheer you on. I have been about a dozen times so far and I refuse to leave my seat until the game is over. My favorite number is 9. My Mommy and Daddy tell me you eat a lot of green veggies, brush your teeth, and take your vitamens every day. I do too so I can be a right fielder for the Astros someday. My daddy pitches to me so I can hit it everyday. Even though daddy tells me that you practice on a tee, I have never seen you do it, so I would rather daddy pitch to me.

I hope that someday I can meet you and play catch with you when I get bigger. Also, my mommy and daddy want to thank you for not cheating in baseball and always running hard on every hit and not ever giving up. I am glad to call you my Hero. I also heard that Mr. McLane was going to sell you and Lance. I asked my daddy to buy you and your friends, but he said he didn't have enough money. I don't want you to leave Houston. I can't wait to come to the stadium and watch you play. Can you please make the choo-choo train go when I am there?

OK, my daddy said that was enough. I have to go to bed. Bye Bye

Peyton Seeber