Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    nicole

Should I get rid of my turtle?

I've had my turtle since I was two [so about 12-13 years] and I am now considering giving him to the OSPCA or a place that cares for turtles. I am not doing this because I no longer want the turtle. I am doing this in his interest. I think he has out-grown his tank but I don't exactly have the money or space for another one. I really love him. But aren't you supposed to do whats best for the things you love most? I'm just not sure. I don't want to be selfish...But I also want to be sure that this is actually better for my beloved Mr. Mor [I named him when I was two]

Please help me...

Heather S
    Definatly do what's best for him. If you can't care for him it's best to give him up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AHHH, Nicole. It's you. I opened this question because I was like, oh, I can help Nicole by seeing these answers, and then it was you.
    How amazing am I?

Taylorxoxo
    Don't! Don't ever put him to the OSPCA. They'll eventually put the turtle to sleep! If you don't have the money for a bigger tank, save the money. But, if you really don't have the money , you can just let it free , let it out in the river or lake , it will be happy , because the turtle is free and he knows you're doing it for it's own sake.

Jess
    awww... i feel you for you.
    giving up a pet is never easy!!!
    i personally don't know if i'd be able to handle it.
    but if you make sure he is going to a good home, then you can feel all the better about it.
    knowing that he is safe and happy for the next few years of his life is more than satisfying as a pet owner.