Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Rizzel

Senior Cats frantically crying for no reason?

My cat is 18 years old and sometimes she will frantically cry almost sounding like she is in pain, but then we go check on her and she does her happy cry. I was starting to think that she could not see as well and frantically cried when she did not know where she was going, but leaving the light on does not change this behavior, she also frantically cries before she drinks water. I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this in their senior cats.

Unregistered
    My 17 year old cat started yowling a week ago. He'd sit up on the top of the couch and yell in my ear while I read. I thought he just wanted treats, but soon suspected something else was going on. Thankfully, I listened to my instincts and took him to his vet. His BP was "stroke high" and he could have gone blind, as well. So don't assume it's behavioral!