Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member mshelterpuppiesrulem's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

raw feeding problem?

my little dog loves her raw, she'll go through anything. my 55 lb dog though, i have to cut EVERYTHING up in little pieces, or he just licks and spits it out. he's not getting enough bone (he won't eat egg shells) what should i do? just let him get hungry enough to bite into it? his teeth are healthy he's just under 1 yr old, but he acts like he can't chew. he'll go through bully sticks and pig feet in 5 minutes though so i know he can chew. he doesn't care when i break the bones either and show him the marrow. what can i give him to replace the bone he's not eating? thanks.

oh and how can i get himto chew through the meat? i was thinking of cooking it a little or is that a bad idea?

Junior Member knitting_time@attenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The latest Whole Dog Journal has an article on veterinary dentistry that might make you re-think the bone thing ... they cause lots of damage to teeth when the dogs chew hard on them. This vet says that hard chewing doesn't keep the teeth clean and is generally not needed. (WDJ is NOT your typical "feen them commerical kibble" type of writing - it's holistic.)

I feed cooked after lots of research. I supplement with bone meal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    try not cutting things up anymore if u keep doing it the dog willl come to expect it