Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    shattered.halo

quakers genders - "old wives tales"?

I am having a friendly bet with a few friends about guessing the sexes of 2 clutches of quakers (7 in total).

Blood samples for DNA tests have been sent away so we will get proper (and reliable) results very soon but does anyone know of any of those "old wives tales" type ways of sexing quakers that I can use for my guesses?

And yes I realise the only way to be sure is DNA testing....the guessing is just a bit of fun.

Bonnie C
    The only way is by DNA or surgical sexing. My boyfriend used to breed lories which you can't sex either, and when he would buy them, he always thought head size had something to do with it.....female being a bit smaller. You have to compare within a group of them.......