Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    bellacm81

puppy's broken foot?

my 2 month old puppy got startled a couple nights ago and jumped, landed wrong and broke her foot... well, the vet splinted it and gave us some puppy percocet for us to give her 2 times a day. she is getting around very well, still chasing the cat and loves to play, but i have 2 questions - she was in bed with us last night, it was about 4 hours after we had given her the meds. she woke me up and i took her out to potty, then back to bed. normally she goes right back to sleep, but this time, she laid there, still between me and my hubby, and she was just whining a little on all her out breaths... i am wondering why? she walks without crying, so could it be that the meds had stopped working and she was feeling pain, or could she have just been uncomfortable? we comforted her and she eventually fell asleep, but i couldnt figure what could have been wrong. my other question is, i just started feeding her half a cup to 3/4 more food per day and her stool is a bit looser than

usual and she has very bad gas. could this be from extra food, or maybe the narcotics? i am sure she os ok, and has her checkup next week... i am just wondering if anyone has any ideas.. i want her to be as comfortable as possible and she cant tell me much.. lol...

Lady Akademix
    take it to the doctor im sure it'll help!!