I am not going to get into the foods I have fed, but I have a two year old DSH that is indoor only. I am currently trying to decide on his new food as I want to go more natural, but not homecooked or raw. I thought I had already chosen the food but I started second guessing myself.

I originally chose Innova Evo because I liked that it was virtually a raw diet in a dry form. However, my concerns have become the high phosphorus content that can contribute to kidney disease, as well as the use of DL-methionine to acidify the cat's urine. While a more acidic urine does adecrease the chance of getting struvite crystals, it does increase the chance of having calcium oxalate crystals (a crystal that was not seen prior to the treatment of cats with struvites with DL methionine to acidify the urine pH).

After my concerns about EVO I did even more research and began to think about using Wellness Indoor Formula. I want to hear your opinions on these foods, preferably from experience.
I am planning on using a dry formulation. I know about moisture issues and cat water intake so I ask not to hear about how canned food is better. I also do not plan to go raw or use a home cooked diet as I do not have the time to do these. I simply want to hear some opinions on these foods, as well as any other natural food you might suggest. I only ask that instead of just naming them, I would like to hear why you suggest the food. Thank you all and I look forward to your answers.
I have been on a Hills food which left my cats fur lack luster and skin dry and flaky. What first spiked my interest in a more natural cat food was the improvement in coat quality because I did not want to add supplements to my pet's food. I believe that a good food does not require supplementation.

I had already begun the slow transition to EVO (about a week ago) before my concerns came to the forefront and the change in his fur coat is amazing. However, I do not want to sacrifice his internal health for his outer appearance.

What I did like about Wellness over EVO was the use of glucoasime and condroitin for joint health and flaxseed for coat health. Wellness also included aracadonic acid (which is one of the three feline essential fatty acids that most foods do not think to include).