Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible for something to get stuck under my horses horseshoe pad?

My horse has resently gotten pads put on her feet and she has not been that sound. I thought that maybe it was that she was cut to short or just something to do with getting her shoes put on but it has been 3 weeks and she is still not sound. I ercently noticed that there is a gap between the pad and the foot. Does anyone know if it is common for something to get stuck under the pad and irritate the horse?

Junior Member shannonxxmichelle's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If there is a gap between the pad and the hoof, then there is a possibility that something could manage to get wedged in there. I would call the farrier who put the on the pads up and see his/her opinion about it. I, myself, have never put pads on my horses, so I'm unsure. The farrier will know more about what could be wrong with your horse's hooves.