...serious please!? Okay, I have had it. My dog seems to have developed this behavior that he needs to be protective and territorial of me. I don't know where he got this behavior this is not how I trained him. He is used to constant change in surroundings and socialization. It's only at home he is all vocal to neighbors but as soon as the neighbor provides him attention he is all sweet and lovey dovey. I went to my parents house last night with my dog for a cook out. Well, my dog liked everyone else there except my dad. I had my dog on the leash, but he refused the time of day with my dad to where he was viscous towards him. My dog has never gotten like that with anyone. My family members said it's how my Dad approached him as my Dad comes off intimidating which could have provoked him. Then since my dog growled and acted like he was going to bite my dad, my dad teased him more making my dog more upset and uncomfortable.

If I take my dog to my friends/boyfriends house my dog is well behaved and happy with everyone there. He loves the dog park. So what is the deal here??