Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Tank Set Up.help!?

Hi i bought my second tank and have set it all up with filter, heater etc...is it still best to wait around 2 weeks to allow tank to mature before transferring my fish , its been a while so wasn,t sure if thats still the case!

Junior Member dolphinsilversea01's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is the best - to wait until it is an established tank. Definitely before transferring - your taking fish from an established tank, you want the new tank to be established.

You could wait about a week and then do a water test. Places like Petco and Petsmart do free water testing, just take in a sample of your water. As long as it tests fine it is safe to put fish in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No its fine to put them in a few hours after its heated up and settled.Just make sure the heater is under the water as I nearly blew mine up once x