Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My puppy suffered albuterol toxicity.. ?

he popped my inhaler from my last question I posted.

That's now why I'm posting I'm posting for advise. He was abused and we rescued him when he was 6wks old. He is now 5 months old it's almost impossible to control him. Now I know it's the owners who control the dogs but it's hard with him. He doesn't learn. We have him in puppy classes but he seems almost unresponsive. My point is, He is potty trained but still goes in the house like his blatter isn't right. We let him out like ever 45 mins and he still goes in the house. Though he will goes days without going in the house and days where he does 4 times in one day. He also has to chew EVERYTHING. the base boarding in the halls the carpet is his favorite. We are in military housing and he tonight chewed a piece of carpet 2inches wide and 6 inches in length. He chewed an entire area in front of the bathroom carpet at our last home. He chews headphones and wires. He ate an cord to the computer that was electrocuting him and he was unresponsive just kept chewing till I heard sizzling in the next room. We watch him like a hawk and try to keep everything up but he's getting bigger and unless we staple everything to ceiling he's gonna find a way to get it. He's also always chewing on our older dog. biting him eating his eats. He eats himself. He shoves his entire foot in his mouth and just starts gnawing on it. He chases his tail till he falls over from being dizzy, eats his hip. He used to eat his ears but his heads grown so he can't reach them. He chews the blankets. phone books. shoes. ANYTHING basically. You'd think we starved him but we don't he eats Purina dog chow like the older dog and we leave it on the floor because the other dog doesn't know how to eat on a schedule and he's now 5 years old. The puppy eats when he's hungry and we take him outside when he starts to act funny. We don't know what to do anymore. He sleeps in bed with us because he gets cold being such a short haired dog but he has to be like on our faces. If I'm on the couch he has to wrap his body around my neck like a snake. He always needs to be on me. He will sit in the window like a cat and bark for hours on end at nothing. He's lost his voice a couple times from it. It's just getting unbearable and no one seems to know how to help us. He doesn't respond to us squirting water in his face he eats it. a spank on the butt he thinks your playing. If you tell him he's naughty in a forceful tone he bags up for two seconds and comes back trying to play. We have tried so much. Some please help
    he is a pitbull dachshund beagle mix

heres a couple pics

http://i36.tinypic.com/2gw9u7p.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/jif4ut.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/214r41c.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    The easiest way is positive reinforcement training. The sort that involves food treats as a reward.
    You need quite alot of treats, small, soft treats that are aromatic & quick to eat. During each session he'll probably end up eating quite a bit so they only need to be the size of a your finger nail.
    I think it's good to read up about it on the net, but even better is going to a training course that uses PRT. Sometimes learning from a 'real' person is easier because they are right there to answer your questions.
    Alot of the training is repeditive. But it's very simple once a person catches on to how it works. The trainer should also point out what you're doing wrong & how the dog will respond.
    By the way, when training with treats it is a good idea to cut back the dogs main meals accordingly. Believe me, they do alot of snacking with this type of training.
    Good luck & be patient. The dog will be ok if you are persistent!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    He's acting out because he has so much energy. He needs to be walked walked walked! And you need to GOOGLE crate training and start the process.
    It's not cruel. Dogs love it once the get used to it because they are den animals. This doesn't mean you put him in a cage all day long. You really need to understand the process, and it's all at your fingertips. You can always buy a crate on CRAIGS LIST for 25-50 bucks depending on the size you need. Do it for your sanity and the safety of you dog!

Downloads
    Uploads
    he's a puppy, all puppies tend to be naughty, but they all grow out of it.