I had two samoyeds, who recently both passed away. (Iubire died from old age, and my younger one Simplu stopped eating and passed away from depression two weeks later)
My girlfriend has a 7 year old border collie who moved in with me and my two sammys for about a year ago when my girlfriend moved in, and we have been a huge pet family untill our losses a few weeks ago She came to me and proposed we should get a cat and I think it would be great to help me get over my sammys. we live in a small condo and we are both 19 year old musicians who travel occasionally and live with a few other people when we record. we wanted to get a fat house cat instead of a kitty because we cant sacrifice that much time, but we were wondering what breeds of cats are the calmest like to sleep and cuddle alot, and what breeds (&gender) should we stay away from 100%

thank you all so much

and one more thing, do you think we're ready and suitable for a cat in the family?
and one more thing, do you think we're ready and suitable for a cat in the family?