So my Fiance and I have this 8 year old cat. She has lived with my family since she was 6 weeks old one day I offered to pet sit and the cat didn't want to leave so she lives with now.

my Fiance loves the cat. She's his baby and loves him as only a fat kitty can.

his mom and sister are not cat people but they have accepted that we are pet people and this cat will be a part of our lives for many years to come. At first the cat paid little attention to them. However once his sister started to spend some weekends with us. ( me and her do girly weekends once in a blue moon) And once they started coming over more often the cat got used to them and bolder. She wants attention from them and will try to sit on the couch with them. And one family dinner she jumped on the table right between them ( never heard two people scream so loud in my life)

For now we close the door in the living room during family suppers so she can't get in the kitchen.

Is there anything we can do to help his mother and sister either get over their fear of the cat, or teach the cat not to go near them. They don't mind the cat just as long as she keeps her distance.

It hasn't gotten to the point where they don't want to visit. but I'm afraid there will come a day where they won't want to come over because they're afraid of my cat.

She isn't a mean animal she's just friendly cat. She will scratch but only if you do something to get her going or make her mad.