Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my dog has lost his bark:( please help?

my dog always barks when he is in his cage at night..but i have to put him in his cage otherwise he will get into everything...well...he has been barking for so long that he almost has no bark left at all... should i take him to the vet...or will he be ok if i give him ice water..or what???

yeah hes a morkie(yorkie/maltese)..hes only 10 pounds..but his barks are high and loud..and he still barks at things but its real horse..and i dont want him to keep hurting his throat..soi i should just let him bark if he wants to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people would enjoy the silence, not worry about it. He's fine. Don't worry about it.. It's just like when humans lose their voice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NO ice water.
    He doesn't need a vet either as long as he is healthy otherwise.
    But you must find a solution in which he doesn't bark all the time. Putting him in a cage is making the poor dog suffer. He cries so hard that he actually feels physical pain and loses his voice. anti-bark collars are even worse torture. Keep him confined somewhere with you, like in your room, but not in a cage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If today is the only day he hasn't barked, give it a day or so... he might have just gotten a sore throat. I wouldn't think it's anything serious. If it doesn't come back in a few days, then take him to the vet. Whatever you do...Don't give in to his barking! Stick to your guns!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you give in to his barking protest, then he will think he won--and continue to do it. I would contact your vet at the very least to make sure he's okay. Sounds like he's just made himself hoarse from barking so long.