Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Chihuahua / Dachshund has recently began to lose her hair. ?

My Chihuahua / Dachshund has recently began to lose her hair.

In a matter of 2 months she has lost her all her hair on her Chest, Belly, and Backside under her tail around her Area. I'm curious if it could be stress related . . . Due to the recent addition of a newborn baby and a 8 month old baby. She is a very loved dog used to lots of attention she still gets it but not quite as much. I don't know im worried about her. We were walking this mourning and when the sun hit her i could see the hair on her back thinning. Do they make dogie Zoloft. My baby dogie need help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it could be irritation it could be infection of it could be bad shedding ready for a winter coat if it bothers you a lot call a vet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be stress related, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your vet about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it could be the result of many things. fleas, tics, and infection are the most common. I don't know if stress could be a factor in dogs. It could be Cushing's Disease. Cushing's Disease is a disease in dogs in which dogs lose hair on their sides, neck, and back. In this case, the skin usually becomes, scaly, dry, and dark. If this is the case, don't worry. It is treatable. Whatever it is, I would have your dog checked out at a vet's office. I think your baby doggie will be okay.